In order to encourage employees to innovate, protect R&D achievements, and continuously strengthen competitiveness, the Company has established the“ Intellectual Property Management Plan” that is integrated with its operational goals and drafted the Patent Application Management and Incentive Regulations. They were also established with the purposes of achieving technological leadership in important areas, providing quality products and services to customers around the world, and continuously pursuing industry leadership by adopting an attitude of sustainable development.
Trade secret protection and information security management
- When new employees come onboard, they are required to sign an employment contract which includes confidentiality, non-compete agreement, intellectual property and invention agreement. The training course for new employees includes trade secret protection and intellectual property knowledge to strengthen their awareness on trade secrets, which enables them to abide by the Company’s and customers’ confidential information confidentiality obligations, and prevent the breach of trade secrets.
- Access permit and network segment are set to protect confidential data in the work environment.
- The Company’s computer equipment is identified by employees’ personal accounts and passwords. Additionally, employees are required to change their passwords regularly.
- The Company’s employees are equipped with magnetic access cards and are given permission to enter and exit the areas according to their departmental affiliation; non-employees must be accompanied by the Company’s employees during their visit.
- The Company regularly reports to the Board of Directors every year on the management of intellectual property, which is integrated with corporate governance operations.
- As of 2022, the total cumulative number of globally granted patents for the group is 759.
- In the year 2022, a total of 143 new employees received training on trade secrets and intellectual property matters.
- In the year 2022, an online course for patent application procedures was provided for new employees to enhance their skills.
- In the year 2022, a total of 417 employees participated in on-the-job information security and trade secret awareness courses.
- In 2006, the "Patent Application Management and Incentive Measures" were established.
- In 2018, the "Code of Business Ethics and Professional Conduct" was established.
- In 2020, the "Information Security Policy" was established.
- In 2021, the "Operational Guidelines for Internet and Electronic Media Operations" were revised to include enhanced measures for information security.
- In 2022, the "Patent Application Management and Incentive Measures" were revised to incorporate strategies for the company's global patent deployment.